Public relations (PR) is an important part of any advertising plan. But in the age of Google and Facebook, it seems like companies can spend their entire budget on buying ads and still not get the desired results.
So is PR more valuable than we thought?
According to a recent article from Forbes, here are five reasons why you should consider investing more in PR:
- Public relations is cost-effective compared to other advertising channels: According to Forbes, public relations costs $2,000 per 1,000 impressions—with each impression being defined as one person seeing one message either online or offline. That’s actually cheaper than placing advertisements on Facebook ($3,600), Google ($5900), and Twitter ($6,000).
- PR can be customized for the company’s specific needs: Unlike paid advertising, which is a one-size-fits-all solution, public relations can be tailored to meet the unique needs of each company. This means that you can target specific demographics and get more bang for your buck.
- PR builds relationships with customers and potential clients: One of the key benefits of public relations is that it helps build long-term relationships with customers and potential clients. By providing valuable content and interacting with customers online and offline, you create trust and brand loyalty that can pay off in the long run.
- The return on investment for public relations is greater than that of other advertising channels: Forbes explains that public relations have a higher ROI than paid advertising because it costs more to get existing customers than it does to attract new ones.
- Public relations has a longer reach than other marketing channels: PR is more effective in the long run because its reach is greater. This means that you can use just one or two pieces of promotional content—rather than ten or twenty ads—and still have the same impact as buying multiple ads.
While large companies may have enough money for both paid advertising and public relations, small-to-medium-sized businesses don’t have that luxury. But if you want your business to reap all the benefits of public relations, you should consider cutting back on paid ads and investing more in PR. It’s a decision that could pay off in the long run. If you are looking for a PR Company in Nigeria then Whirlspot is the right partner for you.